Manchester City are just two points behind leaders Arsenal after Wednesday’s 4-1 victory over the Gunners. Manchester City are now favourites to win the league as City have played two games less than Arsenal.
Here are 6 things you should know following Manchester City’s victory over Arsenal:
1) Erling Haaland has been directly involved in 57 goals (49 goals, 8 assists) in 43 matches in all competitions this season, 15 more than any other player in Europe’s top five leagues, scoring or assisting every 58 minutes on average.
2) Manchester City have now won 12 consecutive Premier League matches against Arsenal, winning by an aggregate score of 33-5.
3) Arsenal are the first side to go four consecutive Premier League games winless while starting the day top for each match since Arsenal themselves in March 2008.
4) Erling Haaland has scored 33 goals in the Premier League this season, a new record in a 38-game campaign.
5) Only five players have provided more assists in the Premier League this season than Erling Haaland (7): Kevin De Bruyne (16), Bukayo Saka (11), Leandro Trossard (9), Andrew Robertson (8) and Michael Olise (8).
6) Kevin De Bruyne has scored seven goals against Arsenal in the Premier League, two more goals than he has scored against any other side in the competition.